In their busy routine, people tend to ignore food the most. They eat it in a hurry, regardless of whether they are getting enough nutrition from this diet or not. The result is that after a while these people begin to fall prey to many types of health problems. If you are in the habit of ignoring nutrition in food, then make sure to kick this habit to stay healthy. To maintain your health, it is very important that your diet is full of nutrition.
Nutrition is about eating a healthy, balanced diet. Food and drink provide the energy and nutrients you need to be healthy. Understanding these feeding terms may make it easier for you to make better food choices.
What is Nutrition – पोषण क्या है
Your diet is full of nutrients, it is important to have a balanced amount of proteins, vitamins, calcium, minerals, and antioxidants in it on a daily basis. Include those things in your diet, as all these things that provide you nutrition are in sufficient quantities.
You must have heard many experts and nutritionists talk about nutrition, that eating right or a good diet is better than other methods. One tells him to remove carbohydrates from his diet, while the other tells him to increase the carbohydrates. One says eat before evening, and the other says don’t eat in the morning. These things create a lot of confusion and as a result, people don’t know about proper nutrition. That is why today I present to you some of this information about nutrition, which is important for every person to know.
Although nutritional deficiencies can be of several types, some of the common nutritional deficiencies that occur in the body are as follows:
- Iron deficiency
- Vitamin A deficiency
- Vitamin B1 or thiamine deficiency
- Vitamin B3 or niacin deficiency
- Vitamin B9 or folic acid deficiency
- Vitamin B12 or Cobalamin deficiency
- Vitamin D deficiency
- lack of calcium
Nutrition Symptoms – पोषण लक्षण
Undernutrition involves a deficiency in any number of nutrients, and thus its symptoms can vary according to the deficiency of that specific nutrient. Signs and symptoms of nutritional deficiency are reflected in your daily activities. Here are some common symptoms of nutritional deficiency:
- Tired (थका हुआ)
- Below normal weight (सामान्य वजन से कम)
- Anemia (रक्ताल्पता)
- Muscle cramps (मांसपेशियों में ऐंठन)
- Hair loss (बाल झड़ना)
- Yellowing of the skin (त्वचा का पीला पड़ना)
- Heavy head, dizziness (भारी सिर, चक्कर आना)
- Mouth ulcers (मुंह के छालें)
- Numbness in the fingers (उंगलियों में सुन्नपन)
- Mental illness (मानसिक बीमारी)
- Osteoporosis or fragility (ऑस्टियोपोरोसिस या नाजुकता)
- Vision loss or night blindness (दृष्टि हानि या रतौंधी)
- Twitching (हिल)
- Goiter or goiter (गण्डमाला)
- Constipation (कब्ज)
Many people see only a few of these symptoms, while some people may have all of them. In such a situation, the problem of nutritional deficiency often cannot be diagnosed. All of these symptoms can be a sign of a serious nutritional deficiency.
Why is Nutrition Important
पोषण क्यों महत्वपूर्ण है – Nutrition is an important part of health and development. Better nutrition is associated with improved health of infants, children, and mothers, stronger immune systems, safer pregnancy and childbirth, lower risks of non-communicable diseases such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease, and longevity.
A healthy diet throughout life promotes healthy pregnancy outcomes, supports normal growth, development, and aging, helps maintain healthy body weight, and reduces the risk of chronic diseases that lead to overall health and well-being.
Types of Nutrition
पोषण के प्रकार – Our diet should include foods that can provide the right amount of nutrients. This diet is called a balanced diet. Each person needs 6 nutrients for energy, tissue maintenance, and body function. Which includes proteins, vitamins, carbohydrates, fats, water, and minerals. Let’s know about them in detail.
प्रोटीन – Protein is a very important nutrient for nourishing the body, and everyone should consume it. For our bodies to function properly, protein is essential for building muscle and building and repairing the cells in our bodies. Besides, protein is also an energy source for our body. Rich sources of protein include eggs, fish, meat, and beans. Protein provides amino acids to the body.
विटामिन – Our body needs a lot of vitamins. If for any reason our body cannot obtain any vitamins, then our body can suffer from vitamin-borne diseases. Vitamins are substances that help your body grow. It strengthens the immune system and keeps you away from many diseases. We get most of our vitamins from fruits and vegetables.
खनिज पदार्थ – Minerals are good nutrition. Some important minerals or minerals are necessary for our bodies to function properly. It not only corrects the metabolism of the body but also keeps you in good health. Its sources include fruits, vegetables, dairy products, meat, and fish.
कार्बोहाइड्रेट – Starch or starch in the form of carbohydrates is the main nutrient found in many types of foods. Carbohydrates are found in sufficient quantities in potatoes, sago, rice, whole grains, pasta, bread, corn, etc. By eating them, the body gets energy, and it also plays an important role in digestion.
मोटापा – Fats or fats are the main component of our diet and perform many functions in the body. Primary sources of this include dairy products, meat, seeds and nuts, and foods such as vegetable oils. The fats are digested and converted into fatty acids that are used as an energy source.
पानी – We also include water in nutrition. About 60 percent of the body is made up of water. Drinking enough H2O helps maintain fluid balance in the body, which helps transport nutrients in the body, regulates body temperature, and aids in food digestion. So don’t let your body lack water.
Nutrition Causes or Reasons
Nutritional deficiency can occur for the following reasons:
- An inadequate or incomplete diet that lacks nutrients
- Inability to properly absorb nutrients by the body
- Colon Cancer
- Crohn’s disease
- An imbalance between the microorganisms in the gut
- Inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract
- Medication side effects
Apart from this, many times there is a deficiency of iron in the body due to pregnancy because the body diverts iron towards the fetus growing in the womb. In addition, researchers have found that bariatric surgery for weight loss, in which the abdomen is reduced in size, can also cause nutritional deficiencies.
Keep these things in mind:
- Sometimes you boil vegetables in water and get rid of the water. As a result, up to 15 to 55 percent of the nutrients contained in them are destroyed.
- Wash and soak the rajma, chickpeas, and beans in water, so you can use that water while cooking. Spraying water reduces the nutritional content of pulses.
- Do not cook green vegetables by adding more oil and spices for a long time, as they destroy their nutritional value.
- Eat well-cooked meat, chicken, fish, etc.
- Eating boiled eggs is more nutritious than an omelet.
- At breakfast, instead of butter and bread, eat porridge with a bowl of curd. If you like, you can also use sprouted grains in place of the oatmeal.
- If you don’t have time for breakfast, you can also fulfill your breakfast requirements by eating a handful of walnuts, almonds, and cashews.
- Use only fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables instead of frozen vegetables in your diet.
- Use both raw and cooked food in your diet. Cut out items used as salad immediately before eating.