Insurance is a contract, represented by a policy, in which an individual or entity receives financial protection or compensation for losses from the insurance company. The company aggregates customer risk to make payments affordable to the insured. An insurance policy is a written contract between the policyholder (the person or company that obtains the policy) and the insurance company (the insurance company).
Insurance is a way to manage your risk. When you buy insurance, you are buying protection against unexpected financial losses. The insurance company pays you or someone you choose if something bad happens to you. If you do not have insurance and an accident occurs, you may be liable for all related costs. Getting the right insurance for the risks you may face can make a big difference in your life.
what is insurance in simple words | what is insurance benefits | बीमा लाभ क्या है | what is insurance in hindi
What is insurance in Details?
Insurance is a legal agreement between two parties i.e. an insurance company (insurance company) and an individual (the insured). In this, the insurance company undertakes to compensate the losses of the insured when the insured emergency occurs. An emergency is an event that causes a loss. It can be the death of the policyholder or damage/destruction of property. It is called a contingency or emergency because there is uncertainty regarding the occurrence of the event. The insured pays a premium for the promise made by the insurer.
The policyholder is not necessarily the insured. An individual or company may have an insurance policy (which makes them the policyholder) that protects another person or entity (who is insured). For example, when a company buys life insurance for an employee, the employee is the insurer, and the company is the policyholder.
बीमा क्या है in Hindi – बीमा वास्तव में बीमा कंपनी और बीमाधारक के बीच एक अनुबंध है। इस अनुबंध के तहत बीमा कंपनी बीमित व्यक्ति से एक निश्चित राशि (प्रीमियम) लेती है और पॉलिसी की शर्तों के अनुसार बीमित व्यक्ति या कंपनी को कोई नुकसान होने पर मुआवजा देती है।
भविष्य में नुकसान की संभावना से निपटने के लिए बीमा एक प्रभावी उपकरण है। हम नहीं जानते कि कल क्या होगा, इसलिए हम एक बीमा पॉलिसी के माध्यम से भविष्य में संभावित नुकसान को कवर करने का प्रयास करते हैं।
बीमा का अर्थ है जोखिम से सुरक्षा। यदि कोई बीमा कंपनी किसी व्यक्ति का बीमा करती है, तो बीमा कंपनी उस व्यक्ति को हुए वित्तीय नुकसान की भरपाई करेगी।
इसी तरह अगर बीमा कंपनी ने किसी कार, घर या स्मार्टफोन का बीमा कराया है तो उस चीज के टूटने, टूटने, खोने या क्षतिग्रस्त होने की स्थिति में बीमा कंपनी अपने मालिक को पूर्व निर्धारित शर्त के अनुसार मुआवजा देती है.
How Does Insurance Work?
An insurance policy is a legal contract that binds both the policyholder and the insurance company towards each other. It contains all details of the terms or conditions under which the insured individual or policy candidate receives insurance benefits from the insurance company. Insurance is a way in which you can protect yourself and your loved ones from facing a financial crisis. You buy an insurance policy for the same, while the insurance company bears the risks involved and offers insurance coverage at a certain premium.
If any event occurs, the insured or nominee can file a claim with the insurance company. Based on the evaluation criteria for claims, the insurance company reviews the claim application and settles the claim.
What are the Goals of Insurance?
Insurance aims to reduce losses arising from future risks and uncertainties. Adds certainty of payments to people for uncertain events. Insurance reassures individuals to compensate for losses. Reduces risk through appropriate planning and management.
What are the Common Types of Insurance?
There are many types of insurance, but some common ones are described here.
- Life Insurance – Life insurance is insurance on your life. You buy life insurance to ensure that your dependents are financially insured in the event of your untimely death. Life insurance is especially important if you are the sole breadwinner for your family or if your family is highly dependent on your income. Under life insurance, the policyholder’s family has financially compensated in the event the policyholder expires within the term of the policy.
- Health Insurance – Health insurance is purchased to cover the medical costs of expensive treatments. Different types of health insurance policies cover a range of illnesses and ailments. You can purchase a general health insurance policy as well as documents for specific diseases. The premium paid for a health insurance policy usually covers the costs of treatment, hospitalization, and medication.
- Car Insurance – Car insurance is an important policy for every car owner. This insurance protects you from any undesirable incident such as accidents. Some policies also compensate for damage to your vehicle during natural disasters such as floods or earthquakes. It also covers third-party liability where you have to pay compensation to other vehicle owners.
- Education Insurance – Child Education Insurance is a life insurance policy designed specifically as a savings tool. Education insurance can be a great way to save a lump sum when your child reaches the age of higher education and college earnings (18 years and older). This fund can then be used to pay for your child’s higher education expenses. Under this insurance, the child is the life insured or the recipient of the funds, while the parent/legal guardian is the owner of the policy. You can estimate the amount of money that will be used to fund your children’s higher education using the Education Planning Calculator.
- Home Insurance – Home insurance can help cover losses or damages to your home caused by accidents such as fire and other natural disasters or hazards. Home insurance covers other situations like a lightning, earthquake, etc.
Reasons Everyone Should Get Insurance
Most people think insurance is an unnecessary expense. The reason is that we feel confident about our future and our ability to tackle unseen conditions. But there is a big difference between our perceived ability and reality. For example, a few years’ savings can wane in the event of a medical emergency.
Insurance ensures the financial stability of the family
No matter how much you’ve been able to save or what your monthly income is, an unexpected event can make a huge hole in your pocket or could jeopardize your family’s financial future.
Insurance brings peace of mind
The premium you pay to the insurance company is the price that guarantees that the insurance company will cover the damage in the event of an unexpected event. This ensures covering your risks brings peace of mind.
Insurance reduces stress in difficult times
No matter how hard you try to improve your life, an unexpected event can completely turn things upside down, leaving you physically, emotionally, and financially exhausted. Getting adequate insurance helps to mean you don’t have to at least think about money during such a difficult time and can focus on recovery.
Be it life insurance, health insurance, or general insurance, you can buy an insurance policy offline as well as online. Just like the insurance agents who will help you in purchasing the insurance policy, there are also websites where you can buy a policy. Make sure you do your research before choosing and investing in an insurance policy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) of Insurance
Insurance is a contract, represented by a policy, in which an individual or entity receives financial protection or compensation for losses from the insurance company. The company aggregates customer risk to make payments affordable to the insured.
Insurance is something people buy to protect themselves from losing money. In exchange, if something bad happens to the insured person or thing, the company that sold the insurance will return the money.
The different types of general insurance include a vehicle (motor) insurance, health insurance, travel insurance, and home insurance.
Purchasing insurance is important because it ensures your financial security to face any kind of problem in life and that is why insurance is a very important part of financial planning. The General Insurance Company offers insurance policies for health, travel, auto, and home insurance.