Vegetarian Weight Loss Diet Plan – We love our snacks and can’t imagine a day without our fixed namkeens and bhujias. We even encourage our friends and family to eat more, as a sign of hospitality and affection, and consider disapproval, an additional aid to rejection. Above all, we never adopted physical exercise as essential. So, it is no surprise that India is struggling with the growing problem of obesity. But the answer is not to avoid Indian food in favor of foreign ingredients or cliched diets. Moreover, you will find that the best Indian diet plan consists of foods that you already have in your kitchen which will enable you to lose weight by making some changes to your diet.
Vegetarianism has become increasingly popular in recent years. This diet is associated with a lower risk of chronic disease and may help with weight loss. However, you may find it difficult to lose weight on a vegan diet — especially if you eat a lot of refined carbohydrates or highly processed foods. This article explains how to lose weight on a plant-based diet.
Vegetarian Diet – Weight Loss Diet Plan
Are you bothered by your weight gain and looking for surgery or another way to lose weight? With the help of this article, we will tell you how one can lose weight easily by following a healthy Indian diet. For this, you will not even need an expensive gym, medication, or surgery. Many people stop dieting and start exercising to lose weight. Exercising along with dieting will reduce your weight and make you weak, which may not be a good option. The simple way to avoid this is to follow a diet/food that will keep your weight right, keep you healthy and also give your body the right shape.
Obesity is a growing problem in the Indian population. Due to the increased availability of processed foods, obesity and chronic diseases associated with obesity such as heart disease and diabetes are on the rise in India. Here are some tips on what to include in your diet, foods to avoid, and what to include in your one-week diet chart to lose some weight.
What to eat – healthy foods to eat
If you are a vegetarian and want to lose weight, there are many delicious foods and drinks that you can include in your weight loss diet.
Try to include the following ingredients in your daily diet:
- Vegetables: Tomato, spinach, brinjal, mustard, bhendi, onion, bitter gourd, broccoli, mushrooms, cabbage, etc.
- Fruits: mango, papaya, pomegranate, guava, orange, tamarind, lychee, apple, watermelon, pear, peach, banana, etc.
- Dried fruits and seeds: cashews, almonds, peanuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, melon seeds, etc.
- Legumes: mung, soybeans, beans, lentils, chickpeas, and chickpeas.
- Roots and tubers: potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, turnips, and yams.
- Grains: brown rice, basmati rice, millet, buckwheat, quinoa, barley, corn, buckwheat bread, amaranth, sorghum.
- Dairy products: cheese, curd, butter, ghee.
- Herbs and Spices: Garlic, ginger, cardamom, cumin, coriander, garam masala, paprika, turmeric, black pepper, fenugreek, basil, etc.
- Healthy fats: Coconut milk, full-fat dairy products, avocado, coconut oil, mustard oil, olive oil, peanut oil, sesame oil, ghee.
- Protein sources: Tofu, legumes, dairy products, nuts, and seeds.
Meals and snacks should focus on fresh foods rich in herbs and spices. Additionally, adding non-starchy vegetables like greens, eggplant, or tomatoes to your diet provides plenty of fiber that can help you feel satisfied longer after eating.
10 Easy Tips To Lose Weight Fast – शाकाहारी आहार – वजन घटाने वाला आहार
Here are 10 easy tips for losing weight:
- Eat a protein-rich breakfast – Eating a protein-rich breakfast can help reduce food cravings and calorie consumption.
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juices – While sugary drinks and fruit juices are the biggest contributors to weight gain, avoiding them can help you lose weight.
- Drink water half an hour before a meal – One study showed that drinking water half an hour before a meal helped lose weight by 44% in 3 months.
- Choose foods that help you lose weight – some foods are very useful for reducing fat like avocado, broccoli, cabbage, leafy greens, beans, boiled potatoes, etc.
- Eat Soluble Fiber – Studies show that soluble fiber can reduce fat, especially belly fat. Fiber supplements such as glucomannan are very beneficial.
- Drink coffee or tea – If you drink coffee or tea, you can drink as much as you want, as the caffeine in them can increase your metabolism by 3-11%. Increased metabolism is very helpful in losing weight.
- Eat unprocessed foods – Make most of your diet based on whole foods. These foods are healthy, fill you up quickly, and are less likely to overeat.
- Eat slowly – People who eat junk food tend to gain weight over time, so eating slowly will make you feel full and also boost weight-reducing hormones.
- Measure weight quickly – Studies show that people who weigh themselves every day are more likely to lose weight and keep it off for a long time.
- Get a good night’s sleep – Lack of sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for weight gain, so it’s important to take care of your sleep.
Losing weight is not a difficult task and there is no need to starve yourself to do it, you can easily lose weight by following this diet plan. Also, if you have any medical conditions, talk to your doctor before making any changes to your diet. Also by reducing carbs and lowering insulin levels, you can “prepare” your body and mind for weight loss by changing the hormonal environment.
Apart from this, doing some exercises or yoga every day will prove beneficial in the weight loss process.
Healthy Snack Option – स्वस्थ नाश्ते का विकल्प
You can promote weight loss by eating healthy snacks instead of foods high in calories and sugar. Doing so will help keep you on track toward your weight loss goals.
Here are some weight loss friendly snack options:
- Dried fruit
- Yogurt with chopped fruits
- Vegetable chaat
- Sprout Salad
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Chopped fruit with hazelnut butter
- Roasted chickpeas
- Levant / Hummus with vegetables
- Bean salad
- Salted popcorn
- Unsweetened butter
- Homemade trail mix
- Fresh fruits with cheese
- Broth-based vegetable soup
If you are considering sweet snacks with your evening tea, you can substitute them with the snack option above. It can be helpful in losing weight.
Combined with a balanced diet plan for weight loss, these habits will help you stay healthy:
- Choose 5-6 meals a day: Instead of three big meals, try eating three modest meals and some snack breaks in structured portions a day. Spacing your meals at regular intervals prevents acidity and bloating and keeps hunger pangs at bay. So, stop the junk food habit by making healthy snack options in your Indian diet plan.
- Have dinner early: Indians eat dinner later than other societies around the world. Since the metabolism slows down at night, eating a late dinner can lead to weight gain. Experts recommend having your last meal of the day by 8 p.m.
- Drink a lot of water: How does drinking more water help you lose weight? For starters, it’s zero calories. Also, drinking a glass of water can help curb hunger pangs. Drink six to eight glasses of water a day to lose weight and also find a list of drinks that will help you lose weight here.
- Eat plenty of fiber: A person needs at least 15 grams of fiber per day, as it helps with digestion and heart health. Oats, lentils, flaxseeds, apples, and broccoli are great sources of fiber.
In conclusion, all of the above. You don’t necessarily have to give up your usual eating habits or make massive changes to your diet, all you need is to follow the best balanced Indian diet plan to get fit!
A vegetarian/plant-based diet that focuses on nutritious plant foods may help you lose weight. However, it is important to eat enough protein while limiting your portion sizes and eating foods rich in calories, refined carbohydrates, and highly processed. Keep in mind that not all vegetarian foods are healthy.