Turmeric is considered a leading spice and a necessary ingredient in Southeast Asian rituals and religious traditions. Because of the immense benefits of this sacred spice, it is also called Indian saffron. Turmeric originated from the rhizome or root of the turmeric plant. 78% of the global supply of turmeric is grown in India. Before we go ahead, we must know that turmeric is FDA approved.
Turmeric, which grows in the tropical region of South Asia, is obtained from the root of the Curcuma longa plant. The root of this plant is bulb-shaped, from which roots (underground tubers) are formed. After it is boiled, dried, and then mashed, a yellow-colored powder that we know as turmeric is prepared.
What is Turmeric – Lose Weight and Its Uses
We consume turmeric daily in one form or another. Be it through legumes, vegetables, or any other dishes, we consume turmeric in different forms which give us health benefits in many ways. You will be surprised to know that turmeric, which appears in powder form, is also useful in boosting immunity. There are many benefits of turmeric for health, some of them are mentioned below and then you can also include it in your diet without hesitation.
Turmeric Tea – हल्दी की चाय के फायदे
One of the most effective ways to consume turmeric is turmeric tea prepared by grating it or using a sterilized powder. Taking turmeric tea can help in losing weight. Empty a cup of water into a pot and bring it to a boil. Once the water starts to boil, add a little turmeric. Mix it well. Pour the tea into a cup and drink the lukewarm turmeric tea slowly.
Turmeric tea benefits:
- Turmeric tea stimulates and speeds up digestion, boosts metabolism, and helps in weight loss.
- A biologically active compound called curcuminoids found in turmeric has a myriad of potent healing qualities.
- The curcumin present in turmeric prevents the increase of fatty tissue in the body and promotes weight loss.
If you eat attentively and drink turmeric tea regularly, you will notice a significant change in your body and weight.
Turmeric Milk – हल्दी दूध के फायदे
Haldi worm milk or turmeric milk can treat cuts, colds, and coughs. Turmeric is a dominant superfood that has been used in India for ages. Adding turmeric to milk can provide you with multiple benefits.
Benefits of Haldi Doodh / Turmeric Milk:
- Boosts Metabolism – The thermogenic properties of turmeric help in burning calories by increasing metabolic processes.
- Motivated by Diet– The dietary fiber present in turmeric prevents weight gain. Consuming haldi, especially with milk, speeds up the weight loss process.
- Protein Source– Milk is an ideal source of protein, and including protein in your diet helps in losing weight permanently.
- Improves Digestion – For effective weight loss, good digestion is essential. Include turmeric milk in your diet and improve digestion.
- Prevents Fat Accumulation – Curcumin helps suppress fat stored in the body and aids in weight loss.
Benefits of turmeric powder to protect the liver
लीवर की रक्षा के लिए हल्दी पाउडर के फायदे – Turmeric is a kind of natural liver detoxifier. The liver purifies the blood by producing enzymes and turmeric increases the production of these important enzymes. These important enzymes work to break down toxins in the body and reduce their amount. Turmeric is also believed to help improve blood circulation. All of these factors help maintain a healthy liver.
Medicinal properties of turmeric protect the body from cancer
हल्दी के औषधीय गुण शरीर को कैंसर से बचाते हैं – Curcumin present in turmeric prevents the growth of cancer in the body. According to a study, curcumin fights cancer and helps enhance the effect of chemotherapy. Turmeric becomes more effective when mixed with black pepper. According to several animal studies, curcumin in turmeric can reduce the growth of cancer cells and prevent the growth of tumors.
Turmeric is useful in preventing prostate cancer as well as preventing the growth of existing prostate cancer. The medicinal properties present in turmeric are capable of destroying cancerous cells. Several researchers have found that the active ingredient in turmeric is one of the best nutritional defenses against tumors.
Benefits of turmeric are useful in arthritis
हल्दी के फायदे गठिया में है फायदेमंद – The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric make it a great supplement for treating both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Apart from that, the antioxidant properties in turmeric destroy free radicals in the body which can cause damages to the body. It has been found that people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis who regularly consume turmeric get relief from mild joint pain as well as swelling caused by it. According to the Arthritis Foundation, osteoarthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States, affecting approximately 30.8 million Americans. Research from 2016 found that taking curcumin for 4 weeks can help relieve arthritis pain.
Benefits of turmeric may help control diabetes
हल्दी के फायदे मधुमेह को नियंत्रित करने में मदद कर सकते हैं – Turmeric can be used to reduce insulin levels in the treatment of diabetes. It controls the level of glucose and enhances the effect of drugs used in the treatment of diabetes. According to a scientific review, curcumin can lower blood glucose levels, which helps prevent diabetes. The curcumin in turmeric can also help treat liver disorders related to diabetes. Turmeric can prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes. However, turmeric can cause a condition called hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) if taken with more effective medications. So be sure to consult your doctor before taking turmeric capsules.
Use of turmeric is beneficial in lowering cholesterol
कोलेस्ट्रॉल कम करने में फायदेमंद है हल्दी का सेवन – Research has proven that using turmeric alone as food can lower blood cholesterol levels. It is known that excess cholesterol can cause other serious health problems. Therefore, maintaining proper cholesterol levels can prevent many cardiovascular diseases. Rich in curcumin and vitamin B6, turmeric is also beneficial for cardiovascular health. Vitamin B6 prevents the production of homocysteine, which damages cells. It can cause a kind of heart disease which is not good for our health. So eat turmeric and make your heart healthy.
Benefits of drinking turmeric milk for immunity
इम्युनिटी के लिए हल्दी वाला दूध पीने के फायदे – Turmeric contains a substance called lipopolysaccharide, which boosts the body’s immune system. Its antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal agents also help in strengthening the immune system. A strong immune system reduces the chances of catching a cold, flu, and cough. If you have a cold, cough, or flu, you can mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk and drink it once a day. This will make you feel better soon.
Consuming turmeric helps wounds heal faster
हल्दी का सेवन करने से घाव जल्दी भरने में मदद मिलती है – Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent and is used to prevent infection. If you have a burn or a wound on your skin, you can apply turmeric powder to the affected area to treat it. Turmeric helps repair damaged skin and can be used to treat psoriasis and other inflammatory skin disorders. In 2014, according to the European Journal of Pharmacology, a study in mice showed that turmeric can help reduce body aches caused by diabetes. It is better than other medicines as it has no side effects. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is also a great antioxidant.
Use of turmeric is beneficial in losing weight
वजन कम करने में फायदेमंद है हल्दी का सेवन – Turmeric powder can be very helpful in maintaining body weight. One of the components in turmeric helps increase the flow of bile which plays an important role in breaking down fats from the diet. People who want to lose weight or treat obesity and other related diseases can take 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder with each meal.
Benefits of eating turmeric to improve digestion
पाचन में सुधार के लिए हल्दी खाने के फायदे – Several of the main components in turmeric stimulate the gallbladder to produce bile, thus improving digestion and reducing symptoms of bloating and gas. In addition, turmeric is useful in treating most bowel diseases, including ulcerative colitis. However, it is important to note that people with any type of gallbladder disease should not take turmeric as a supplement as it can aggravate the condition. It is preferable to eat turmeric in its raw form when suffering from digestive problems.
Benefits of turmeric for weight loss
वजन घटाने के लिए हल्दी के फायदे – Turmeric can help you lose weight. Additionally, some studies suggest that curcumin in turmeric can reduce a few of the inflammatory markers found in people with obesity.
The anti-inflammatory properties and anti-obesity potential of turmeric can help reduce excess fat. Additionally, research shows that a compound called curcumin found in turmeric works best for weight loss. Therefore, turmeric weight loss is effective when taken properly.
Find out how powerful a weight loss spice is and get the best benefits of turmeric.
पता करें कि वजन घटाने वाला मसाला कितना शक्तिशाली है और हल्दी के सर्वोत्तम लाभ प्राप्त करें।
- According to studies, turmeric can help regulate high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, and other metabolic diseases.
- The result of a study conducted by Tufts University proves that curcumin, the primary component in turmeric, can destroy adipose tissue.
- Turmeric also aids in weight loss by controlling sugar levels and reducing insulin resistance.
- Turmeric increases bile production in the stomach.
- Some studies link curcumin intake to reduced weight, body mass index, and waist circumference.
- Studies also show that it increases levels of adiponectin, which regulates metabolism.
- Some studies also show that curcumin and piperine (a compound found in black pepper) can help speed up weight loss. This is because piperine greatly enhances the absorption of curcumin.
- However, although there is a link between turmeric and weight loss, more research is needed in this area.
Disadvantages of Turmeric – हल्दी के नुकसान
Although turmeric offers many health benefits, high doses or prolonged use of turmeric can cause some sort of side effect, so let’s get to know the side effects of turmeric which are as follows –
- Due to its spicy nature, prolonged consumption of turmeric can upset your stomach.
- Turmeric is also known as a uterine stimulant, which may stimulate menstrual flow. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid or limit the intake of turmeric to avoid any harm to their babies.
- Since turmeric is known for its ability to slow blood clotting, it can lead to bleeding. Consumption of turmeric can have a negative impact on your health if you are taking anticoagulants and antiplatelet drugs.
- One study showed that turmeric may have an effect on chemotherapy, so the use of turmeric during chemotherapy should be avoided.
- One study showed that people who took high doses of turmeric were more likely to experience diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. Therefore, to avoid diarrhea, the dose of turmeric should be reduced, and if you suffer from diarrhea or nausea, you should avoid eating it.
- Turmeric should not be used by people with beta blockage or jaundice.
Turmeric is particularly the more active compound curcumin—has many scientifically proven health benefits, such as the ability to improve heart health and prevent Alzheimer’s disease and cancer. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. It may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis.
While these benefits are possible, they are limited at this time due to the paucity of curcumin’s bioavailability, and more research is needed.