Health insurance is the right investment to protect you and everyone in your family. There are still very few people in India who have health insurance and if there is insufficient coverage i.e. they do not have adequate coverage. The disease is never told, and in our time, constant increases in pollution, unhealthy eating habits, stressful lifestyles, and exhaustion lead to many serious diseases. Their treatment is very expensive. In such a situation, if you have to be hospitalized, the medical expenses can be prohibitive on your savings. Through this article, we seek to make sure that you understand the importance of a medical insurance policy so that you can keep yourself and your family safe by choosing the right medical insurance during this difficult period of the pandemic.
Health insurance is a medical coverage plan that helps you cover your medical expenses by providing you with financial support. Due to the scarcity of hospitalization expenses, it has become imperative to have a health insurance plan. In the current pandemic situation, health insurance plays a vital role in protecting your money.
Family Health Insurance
Health insurance is a contract under which we pay your medical expenses to the hospital when you are sick. Under this, expenses related to hospitalization, treatment, surgery, organ transplant, etc. are also reimbursed. For this, you have to pay a premium on time. The health policy can be made for you, your spouse, dependent parents, and other family members including children.
Family life insurance is a plan that covers your entire family in one premium policy and an amount guaranteed. This health insurance plan provides coverage for two members at a time in the event of hospitalization or any insurance diagnosis.
स्वास्थ्य बीमा योजना हिंदी में – स्वास्थ्य बीमा/चिकित्सा बीमा योजनाएं बीमित व्यक्ति को उसके चिकित्सा व्यय की प्रतिपूर्ति करती हैं जिसमें शल्य चिकित्सा, अस्पताल में भर्ती, उपचार, और चोटों, बीमारियों, या यहां तक कि दुर्घटनाओं से होने वाले खर्च शामिल हैं। स्वास्थ्य बीमा दावे के निपटान के मामले में, बीमा कंपनी, जो बीमा कंपनी है, बीमाधारक को पॉलिसी दस्तावेज़ के नियमों और शर्तों के अनुसार लाभ का भुगतान करती है।
दूसरे शब्दों में, एक चिकित्सा बीमा पॉलिसी बीमा कंपनी और बीमाधारक के बीच एक समझौता है, जिसके तहत बीमित व्यक्ति बीमारी और अस्पताल में भर्ती होने की स्थिति में चिकित्सा व्यय के लिए विशिष्ट भुगतान/मुआवजा देने के लिए सहमत होता है। ज्यादातर मामलों में, स्वास्थ्य बीमा कंपनियां अस्पतालों से जुड़ी होती हैं, जिन्हें नेटवर्क अस्पताल के रूप में जाना जाता है, जहां बीमित व्यक्ति बिना एक पैसा दिए उपचार से लाभ उठा सकता है।
Why Should You Take Out a Health Insurance Policy?
A pandemic like COVID-19 and the rising cost of medical expenses can create financial hardship. Thus, having health insurance coverage for you and your family protects you during these times. Here are the important reasons why you need to consider getting health insurance today:
- The high cost of hospitalization and medical expenses that the uninsured can drain your savings.
- Covering the COVID-19 pandemic and critical diseases.
- Immediate hospital admission without cash without spending anything out of your pockets.
- One can avail of tax benefits under section 80d of the Income Tax Act of India.
- You can take care of your health with an annual medical examination.
- You can also get coverage for your family members.
Features and Benefits of Digital Health Insurance
- Easy Online Process – The whole process from purchasing health insurance to submitting a claim is simple, paperless, fast, and hassle-free. We do not require paper copies of claims.
- Supplementary Guaranteed – In particular, in the event of hospitalization due to an accident or serious illness, our health insurance company will give you an additional insured amount at no cost.
- Pandemic Coverage – We know people are scared of the coronavirus so we’re covering that too.
- No co-pay for your age – All of our plans don’t include any co-pay for your age. This means that you do not need to pay anything out of pocket at the time of claiming your health insurance policy.
- There are no restrictions on room rent – everyone has different preferences and we understand that. That is why the hospital does not impose any restrictions on room rent. You can book the room of your choice.
- Double Guarantee – If you’ve claimed your security deposit once and unfortunately need it again in the same year, we’ll make it available to you again.
- Cumulative Bonus – You will receive an annual cumulative bonus for a healthy life and no further claims.
- Get treatment at any hospital – We are associated with more than 5000 hospitals in India and you can submit a cashless claim at any of these hospitals. Otherwise, you can get treatment at other hospitals by getting a re-drainage facility.
Best Health Insurance Plan 2021
To make it easier for you to purchase a medical insurance policy for your family, we have listed below the best health insurance plans of the best companies. You can choose the plan according to your requirements based on the sum insured, coverage, and maximum age before and after hospitalization.
|Insurance company||family health plan||Beam money (in Rs.)||before and after hospitalization||chronic diseases|
|Aditya Birla Health Insurance||Active Health Platinum||1. Lakh to Crore||1.Before hospitalization – 60 days.After hospitalization -90 days||After waiting period of 48 months|
|Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance||Family Floater Health- Guard||1.15-50 lakhs||1.Before hospitalization – 60 days.After hospitalization -90 days||After waiting period of 48 months|
|Bharat Aksa Health Insurance||Smart Super Health Insurance Policy||1.5 lakh- 1 crore||1.Before hospitalization – 60 days.After hospitalization -90 days||After waiting period of 48 months|
|Care Health Insurance (earlier known as Religare Health Insurance)||care health care plan||1.-6 crore||1.Before hospitalization – 60 days.After hospitalization -90 days||After waiting period of 48 months|
|Chola MS Health Insurance||Chola MS Family Healthline Insurance||1.-15 lakh||1.Before hospitalization – 60 days.After hospitalization -90 days||After waiting period of 48 months|
|Digit Health Insurance||Digit Health Insurance Plan||1.5 million||–||–|
|Edelweiss Health Insurance||Family floater||up to 1.1 million||Silver 0-60 daysGold 60- 90 daysplatinum 90-180 days||–|
|Future General Health Insurance||Future Health Security Family Plan||1.5-10 lakhs||1.Before hospitalization – 60 days.After hospitalization -90 days||After waiting period of 48 months|
|IFFCO Tokyo Health Insurance||IFFCO Tokie Family Health Protector Plan||1.5-0 lac||1.Before hospitalization – 45 days.60 days after hospitalization|
|Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance||Family health insurance covered||1.-100 lakhs||After waiting period of 48 months|
|Liberty Health Insurance||Secure Health Connect||1.Secure Basic- ₹4,5 Lakh. Secure Elite: ,,4,5,6,7.5,10 lakhs. Secure Supreme ,4,5,6,7.5,10 lakhs4.Secure Complete,,4,5,6,7.5,10,15 lakhs||–||–|
|Max Bupa Health Insurance||Heartbeat Familat First Health Insurance Plan||-1.5 million-50 lakhs15-50 lakhs||1.Before hospitalization – 60 days.After hospitalization -90 days||After waiting period of 48 months|
|Mann Palaci Gna Health Insurance||Family Floater ProHealth Protect Plan||1.5-50 lakhs||1.Before hospitalization – 60 days.After hospitalization -90 days||After waiting period of 48 months|
|National Health Insurance||National Insurance Medikline Policy||1.50,000-5 lakh||1.Before hospitalization – 0 days.60 days after hospitalization||After waiting period of 48 months|
|NewIndia Assurance Health Insurance||Family Floater Mediclaim Policy||1.-5 lakh||1.Before hospitalization – 60 days.After hospitalization -90 days||After waiting period of 48 months|
|Oriental Insurance Company||Happy Family Floater Policy||1.1-0 lakh||1.Before hospitalization – 60 days.After hospitalization -90 days||After waiting period of 48 months|
|Raheja QBE Health Insurance||Health QBE||1 1-50 lakh||–||–|
|Royal Sundaram Health Insurance||Royal Sundaram Lifeline Health Insurance||1.Classic- ₹4 lakh. Supreme – 5,10,15,0,50 lakhs. Elite – 5,0,50,100,150 lakhs||1. Classic- 0-60 days. Supreme – 60-90 days. ELITE – 90-180 days||After waiting period of 4 months|
|Reliance Health Insurance||Reliance Health Wise Plan||1.1-5 lakh||1.Before hospitalization – 60 days.After hospitalization -90 days||After waiting period of 4 months|
|Star Health Insurance||Star Family Health Optima Plan||1.1-15 lakh||1.Before hospitalization – 60 days.After hospitalization -90 days (7 percent of the cost and maximum Rs.5000)||After waiting period of 4 months|
|SBI Health Insurance||SBI Arogya Premier Plan||1.10-0 lac||1.Before hospitalization – 60 days.After hospitalization -90 days||After waiting period of 48 months|
|Tata IG Health Insurance||Velsurans Family Policy||1.-4 lakh||–||After waiting period of 48 months|
|United India Health Insurance||Family Medicare policy||1.1-10 lakh||1.Before hospitalization – 0 days.60 days after hospitalization (maximum 10% of SA)||After waiting period of 4 months|
|Universal Sompo Health Insurance||Complete Health Care Insurance Basic, Essential, Privileges||1.Basic- 1- Lakh.Essential- -5 lakhs.Privilege – 6-10 lakhs||1.Before hospitalization – 0 days.60 days after hospitalization||After 6 months waiting period|
Compare Health Insurance Plans
One of the biggest advantages of buying health insurance plans online is that you can easily compare different health insurance plans among themselves on a single platform.
To get the best health insurance plan for yourself, you should keep the following things in mind:
- Coverage Details: The first thing to look at is the coverage details while taking out medical health insurance. How much do you spend to buy an insurance plan? And how much profit do you get in return? Do not pay attention to this thing.
- Service Benefits: Many health insurance plans will give you simple coverage, but their service benefits are very good. On the other hand, health insurance providers will give you much better coverage, but their service is not very good. In such a case, choose the one that best suits you and follow the health insurance policy of the same company that suits you.
- Hospital Network: Each health insurance company has contracts with different hospitals. Where you can easily claim your health insurance and get the treatment done. In such a case, no matter which company you get health insurance from definitely takes a look at the list of associated hospitals. Only then choose the best health insurance plan for yourself.
- Types of Claims: Two types of claim facilities are provided to you in a health insurance plan. First non-cash claim and second payment. The cashless claim is easier and more beneficial for you. In such a case, while taking the health insurance policy, make sure that the company provides a non-cash claim facility or not?
- Health Insurance Premium: While taking out any health insurance, try to understand its premium carefully. The premium should be fairly proportional to the interest you get. Don’t get bad health insurance by falling into the cheap premiums trap. It is better to understand the details of the premium and insurance coverage correctly only than take any step.
Questions and Answers About Health Insurance
Health Insurance is a contract where we pay your medical expenses to the hospital when you are sick. It also reimburses expenses related to hospitalization, treatment, surgery, organ transplantation, etc. For this, you have to pay the premium on time.
Family health insurance covers all family members in one policy. The sum insured is fixed and after the claim and medical facilities of any family member, this sum insured ends. The family float can cover the policyholder, his parents, wife, and children.
Health Insurance Due to the changing lifestyle, serious diseases are increasing rapidly all over the world including India. Apart from this, spending on health is increasing rapidly every year. In such a situation, it is very important to take a health insurance policy so that the financial situation does not deteriorate due to the cost of treatment.
Buying a health insurance plan online not only saves you time but also allows you to compare different health insurance policies and choose the best health insurance for yourself. And most importantly, you do not need to wander somewhere and get to know anyone. You can choose the best plan for yourself by sitting comfortably at home.
You can call your TPA’s helpline number or you can also check the status on your insurance company’s website.